Position: Assistant Coordinator of Liturgy and Adult Faith Formation
St. Bartholomew Catholic Church, Columbus, IN
Description: Responsible to the Pastor and Pastoral Associate.
The position offers full-time, salaried employment with benefits.
Weekend and evening work is required.
Fluency to write and speak in Spanish is a plus.
Continuing Spiritual and Professional Development
The Applicant must
· Be a fully initiated, practicing Roman Catholic who is living a life
that is in harmony with the teachings of the Catholic Church
· Attend workshops and trainings as needed, and submit
to regular background checks
· Be committed to continued growth, both spiritually
· Participate in the life of the parish,
including activities outside work requirements
Major Responsibilities and Regular Activities - Liturgy
· Chair Liturgy Committee
· Coordinate training and spiritual growth opportunities for Volunteers
· Coordinate Parish Reconciliation Services
· Supervise all Liturgical Ministry heads: MC, Lector, EM, Arts and
Environment, Greeter, Scheduler, Sacristan, etc.
· Recruit volunteers for the various liturgical ministries
· Work in conjunction with Pastor, Director of Music Ministry,
the Liturgy Committee, and Sacristan etc. in planning, coordinating, and
supervising Masses and other liturgical celebrations
· Assist in the clerical duties of the Liturgy Office
Major Responsibilities and Regular Activities – Adult Faith Formation
· Work in conjunction with the Pastoral Associate for the planning,
coordination and supervision of various programs and events hosted by
the Adult Faith Formation Office, including, but not limited to:
Adult Sunday School, RCIA, Bible Study, Men’s Ministry,
Healing Prayer Ministry, MOMS Ministry, Retreats, Prayer Groups,
Theology Nights Out, etc.
· Offer ministerial assistance and support to the
Pastoral Associate, Volunteers, and parishioners
· Assist in the clerical duties of the Adult Faith Formation Office
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology or related field.
· Competent computer skills are expected, including
knowledge of Microsoft Office and Gmail
· Good communication skills /people skills
· Ability to lead gatherings and events
Please send cover letter and resume with 3 references to:
St. Bartholomew Catholic Church
ATTN: Kathy Davis-Shanks, Pastoral Associate
1306 27th Street
Columbus, IN 47201
or email: email@example.com